Build your campus Health Kit
Whether you’re new to Acadia or are a returning student, here’s a list to make sure you have all the health supplies & documentation you need to have a healthy, successful year.
- Fever reducing and pain medication such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Anti-nausea medication like dimenhydrinate (commonly called “gravol”)
- Thermometer so you can check your temperature
- Decongestants for stuffy sinuses caused by colds
- Antihistamines for allergic reactions (Benadryl, Reactin, Claritin)
- Lozenges for sore throats
- Bandages for minor cuts and scrapes
- Sunscreen to prevent uncomfortable sunburns
- Bring copies of your prescriptions to your health clinic appointment.
- Keep a copy of your emergency contacts in a convenient location. These can include your parents, RA (if you live in residence), extended family, and friends.